Paramedic - Per Diem
About the Job
NYU Langone Health - Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Per Diem Paramedic.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing high quality pre-hospital emergency medical care at the advanced life support level. Transports the sick and injured safely, through the Nassau County System, as per regional and state protocols. Demonstrate the ability to perform clinically appropriate patient assessments, document patient medical history accurately, and appropriately document on e-PCR.
- Preforms clinically appropriate patient assessments and appropriately treats the patient in accordance with NYS DOH BEMS and Nassau County Guidelines. Safely transports patient to the most appropriate hospital and properly transfer care to the hospital staff (i.e. communicating patient's condition and any treatment rendered).
- Accurately completes Electronic Pre-hospital Call Report (e-PCR) including but not limited to, insurance information and all appropriate signatures in accordance with NYU Langone Hospitals EMS Policies for every patient contact. Accurately completes e-PCR for every call dispatched to whether patient contact was made or not.
- Accurately completes NYS DOH BEMS Check Out Sheet and documents any deficiencies with corrective actions if any taken, in accordance with NYS DOH BEMS Part 800. Accurately completes the Unit Activity Log in accordance to NYU Langone Hospitals EMS Policies and Procedures and submits all forms at the end of tour.
- Ensure Out of service time is minimized and documented on Unit Activity Log with appropriate notifications made. Complies with uniform policy, maintains a neat, clean, professional appearance and wears appropriate identification, visible at all times, wears uniform with all appropriate personal equipment and spare uniform in accordance with NYU Langone Hospitals EMS and NYU Winthrop Hospital Policy and Procedures. Reports to work on time, clocks in and out in accordance with NYU Winthrop Hospital Policy and Procedures. Complies with Controlled Substance Policies and Procedures in accordance with NYS Department of Health Part 80 Guidelines.
- Is familiar with contents, and complies with policies of Nassau County REMSCO, which was supplied to employee and complies with NYS DOH BEMS Regulations. Notify Nassau County Medcom at the beginning of the shift and logs on in a timely fashion. Constantly monitors the radio for assignments. Answers the radio promptly when assignment is dispatched and promptly communicates changes in signal status to Medcom. Maintains professional radio decorum and complies with local guidelines for radio protocol.
- Adhere to Regional, NYS DOH BEMS and NYU Langone Hospitals EMS Policies and Procedures when operating emergency vehicles. Thoroughly checks vehicle and equipment at the beginning of each shift, replenishing supplies where needed and ensures the vehicle is clean and sanitary. Thoroughly cleans and maintains the vehicle and all equipment dispatched to the unit and on the vehicle. Ensures the vehicle is restocked and fueled at all times in accordance to NYS DOH BEMS Part 800 Compliance.
- Ensures high-quality patient care is conducted at all times, on-scene and en-route to the hospital. Works well with partners, other providers at the scene and all employees of the hospitals to ensure the highest quality of care is provided. Cooperates and maintains professional relationship with others in facilitating the delivery of care to patients. Cooperates and works well with supervision, and others to achieve the goals of the department. Demonstrates awareness of and remains compassionate, respectful and professional towards co-workers, patients, families, cultural background and differences. Assess the patients ability to communicate with the crew and assists in the provision of an interpreter if needed.
- Participates in Department, Hospital and Regional Quality Improvement Programs. Attends Department Meetings and Training Sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Completion of NYS DOH BEMS Approved Paramedic Program.
Completion of CEVO III or CEVO IV or EVOC Course.
Current and Valid NYS Driver License.
NYS DOH BEMS Paramedic Certification.
Nassau County REMAC Certification.
Weapons of Mass Destruction Certificate.
HAZMAT Awareness Certificate.
Required to obtain Nassau Regional EMS MAC Certification within 10 days of hire.
6 Months Ambulance experience as a Paramedic.
Required Licenses: Nassau County REMAC Cert, Hazardous Materials Cert, Weapons Mass Destruction Cert, Paramedic, Driver's License
FEMA I.S. 100, 200, 700, 800. 6 Months 911 ALS experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health - Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health - Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health - Long Island's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.