About the Job
DescriptionSHIFT: Work From Home
Schedule: Mon.-Fri. 5pm- 9pm
Parallon is now seeking a Support Specialist! Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you have demonstrated communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly?
Now is the time to join our team of motivated and nurturing individuals working to assist patients with their Medicaid Eligibility screening and enrollment. Ideal candidates will have a steady work knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines. You should also share a passion for our purpose, "To serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their community."
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY TODAY. See what makes us a fabulous place to work!
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
- Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Track billing queues daily to identify fees to post. In addition to posting fees, accounts also need to be reviewed for completion of all required fields in PME as well as the presence of supportive documentation.
Ensure correct fees are posted based on the type of approval. Notify Director of any discrepancies.
Close accounts when applicable after balance is resolved or if no payment will be received due to non-payment. Bring higher level billing issues to the attention of the departmental leadership team.
Ensure appropriate plans and sequencing are completed on all accounts.
Payment Pending Review queue to be worked weekly to reconcile payments.
Review COBRA and Premium Assistance spreadsheet in conjunction with Director to monitor accounts for payments from commercial payers.
Analyze facility invoices weekly to ensure no duplicate payments exists and contingency fees are calculating correctly.
Maintain the accuracy of the invoices by removing unnecessary transactions.
Mandatory review of all facility invoices on the last business day of the month to ensure 100% accuracy of all fees posted. Follow the established protocol for posting invoices by the required deadline on the first business day of each month.
Assist in performing daily tasks to support the leadership team.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers and executives, as well as external clients and other external business contacts.
Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
Adheres to Code of Conduct.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION NEEDED:
- Looking for a College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent).
- Preferred three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction
- An understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.