Team Managers assist in managing the overall operations of the bakery-cafe to ensure company standards are maintained and continually improved.They run great shifts and are accountable for specific Area of Responsibilities such as Food Cost or Channel operations (Drive Thru, Delivery, Catering, etc.). They are part of the cafe’s management team and report directly to the General Manager/Operating Partner.
As a Team Manager, they will be ready to help with a variety of duties, working on the front lines to ensure great working environments for our Retail Team Members and excellent service for our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Maintain Quality Bakery-Cafe Operations While Ensuring Guest Satisfaction
- Understands the business and is able to drive results through coaching and leading the team.
- Meet sales goals through motivating the team, executing Foundational Processes, and achieve target results (SOS, order accuracy, and cafe health through disciplined OI process).
- Maintain a clean and well-maintained environment.
- Demonstrate proficient company and product knowledge.
- Uphold and coach achievement of Food Safety standards.
- Create relationships with guests to provide exceptional guest service.
- Safeguard the team by maintaining a healthy and safe workplace, environment and culture.
Management and Development of Team Members
- Display people leadership through staffing, deployment, training and talent management/succession planning.
- Support the AGM and GM to create strong team member engagement and environment.
- Provide cafe leadership through managing performance, communicating to team members and escalating issues as needed.
- Being a steward of People, the Cafe Environment, Guest Service and Cost Balancing by setting a positive example, drive understanding and recognize achievement.
- Adhere to cafe systems and processes to accomplish shift and Specialist goals.
- Follow company policies and procedures and comply with all state and federal regulations.
- This role requires flexible hours including nights and weekends in a faced paced environment with shifting priorities.
- This role requires the ability to keep cool under pressure and deal with multiple types of people in a calm and fair manner.
- While performing this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, talk hear in a loud environment.
- 1+ year(s) of restaurant management experience preferred.
- Basic food safety understanding and practice.
- Shows interest in working towards Assistant General Manager Career Path or is willing to continuously learn and develop in their role.
- Proven ability to direct, motivate, and develop others in a fast-paced environment.
- Completed Team Leader Development Program.
- Demonstrated an ability to run great shifts and coach team members.
- ServSafe certified.
- Minimum age - 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass background check.