Baking Training Specialist
Baking Training Specialist
When you join Panera LLC as a Baking Training Specialist, you join in our belief that food should not only taste good, but also be good for you. You will be a part of something special where you will have the opportunity to connect with our amazing customers, impact our growing business, and most importantly serve local communities across the country.
About the position:
- Be a role model for friendly, courteous interactions with other bakers, customers, associates, and management team.
- Work well with the BMM, other BTSs, Certified Baker Trainers (CBTs), Baker Trainees, MITs and bakery-cafe management and associates.
- Foster an environment encouraging teamwork and productive training. Present & deliver training
- materials in a clear, informative & motivational manner.
- Live our Mission and teach/share our Cultural Values & Concept Essence through your actions on a daily basis.
- Maintain multiple certified training environments. Your Certified Baker Trainers (CBTs) and Baker Trainees are using current learning materials and tools that are in good working order.
- Ensure Baker Training Program is executed as designed through coaching of your Certified Baker Trainers and follow-up visits with Baker Trainees. If you need to alter the program based on the needs of a trainee establish a plan of action in collaboration with the CBT and through communication with BMM.
- Evaluate Baker Trainees using the Calibration form during Demo Bakes. Provide feedback to the Baker Trainee as well as the CBT.
- Champion the Standards! Require all bakers perform to standard
- following correct procedures. Consistently require the highest
- standards of performance.
- Work with baking team on fine-tuning baking skills & efficiencies.
- Assist with training/roll-out of new bakery products and procedures.
- Complete BMM responsibilities when BMM is not present.
- Ensure the effective use of company tools & systems: baking timeline, bakery checklist, weekly cleaning list, etc.
- Identify needs for new/revised tools and communicate to Bakery Support/Training Department.
- Practice, teach and enforce Food Safety procedures.
- Ensure the application of food cost knowledge on a daily basis: use of measurement tools, care & handling of product, etc.
- Contribute to company profitability by managing training budget.
- Teach and enforce proper maintenance of equipment and the bakery-cafe.
- Competitive pay + tips
- Discounts on Panera food
- Health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Development opportunities
- Nationwide discount program for merchandise and services
Equal Opportunity EmployerBakery Organization Chicago Central