Packaging Technician I - Weekend Day
About the Job
Job Title: – Packaging Technician
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Final packaging of products according to SOPs, cGMPs, FDA standards and internal specifications
- Additional day to day activities as assigned, including but not limited to;
- Inventory management
- Performance monitoring
- cGMP labeling operations
- Equipment operation including, but not limited to: pallet jack, labelers, box taping machine, bubble wrap machine, shrink wrappers, etc. to ensure safe, efficient packaging of finished goods
- Collaboration with other departments
- Accurate and consistent cGMP documentation
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Ability and willingness to learn variable manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental policies, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, etc. required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills required
Nature and Scope:
This position requires good communication skills and customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong attendance performance. The incumbent normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments. Equipment training will be provided through one-on-one instruction, on-the-job training (OJT), Thermo Fisher Scientific generated Standard Training Protocol (STP) and/or other training documentation.
- Experience operating PIT (powered industrial equipment)
- High School diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong skills/competencies in the following areas:
- Interpersonal across functional team based interaction
- Organized and detail oriented
- Analytical, planning
Performs work of a highly repetitive nature. Will walk, stand, reach, and lift up to 30lbs on a continuous basis. Will routinely push and pull up to 25lbs and regularly climb. May occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 50lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The nature of the operation’s working environment is conducive to varying degrees of stress throughout the day. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Thermo Fisher Scientific provides reasonable accommodations to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs. The Company will not provide an accommodation that would create an undue hardship on the Company or endanger the health or safety of the employee or others.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.