Packaging Group Leader
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
What will you do?
The Packaging Group Leader is responsible for safety, quality, efficiency and productivity of the Packaging Lines.
- Responsible for performing as the Group Leader on multiple packaging formats and packaging lines.
- Focus on teamwork , possess leadership skills and be willing to work overtime hours as required.
- Responsible for daily operations on the packaging line where they are assigned and responsible for successful execution of Line Packaging Records and associated documentation.
- Train and develop new associates working on the packaging lines.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, coordinators, LCC, PMQA and packaging supplies employees.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Pharmaceutical Packaging or Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience is required.
- Previous experience as a group leader or lead operator in packaging or manufacturing is preferred.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment set up and adjustments, packaging formats and packaging documentation is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience or training is required.
- Working knowledge of applicable SOPs, GMPs, LPRs and quality test methods is preferred.
- Ability to complete GMP documentation neatly, correctly and legibly.
- Basic math skills are also mandatory.
- Ability to communicate effectively using both written and oral communication skills is required.
- Mechanical ability preferred.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. for short periods.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and motivate a diverse group of associates are also required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.