Oribi Manufacturing, a cutting-edge composite manufacturer, is looking for hard-working individuals to join our Manufacturing team as our company continues to expand. Oribi is looking to hire an experienced Machine Operator to join our growing team. We are growing and adding customers, products, and machinery.
At Re:Build Manufacturing we're rebuilding America's manufacturing base and creating meaningful, sustainable jobs in areas that have been deindustrialized over the past 20-30 years. Our strategy is to employ technology, systems, deep financial resources, and best management practices to compete and win as manufacturers in the global market. We are NOT private equity. We do not buy companies with the intention of selling them. Over the next decades, we want to make a difference in the US Manufacturing economy and the communities in which we operate. We believe in the power of people and the long-term competitive advantage that can be derived from helping our employees achieve their fullest potential.
As a Machine Maintenance Technician, you will be required to work under close supervision to set up, adjust, and operate a variety of machines.
2nd Shift: 11:00 am - 7:30 pm (temporary schedule)
03:00 PM- 11:30 PM (normal season)
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Assist in production setup, production changeovers, machine maintenance, fixing, new machine installation, and development of preventive maintenance.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive and corrective maintenance requirements. Equipment and tools include motors, gearboxes, pneumatic systems, coupling, and motor alignment, roller chain/sprockets alignment, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Read and consult diagrams.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; and using precisions measuring tools.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to resolve inventory levels; anticipating needs.
- Controls downtime by advising production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate repair using available resources and equipment as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Operate industrial machinery to move machines, parts, and tools.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
Demonstrate basic math skills
Understand weights and measurements
Make quick and accurate decisions
Work well with others in a cooperative manner and use good communication skills
Follow verbal direction
Speak, read, write, and understand English
Understand written policies and guidelines, specifications, and safety standards
Demonstrate mechanical ability to fix minor machine failures and make minor adjustments.
Capable of following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
Proficient in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, robotics, and hydraulic systems.
PLC/control systems experience is strongly preferred.
Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.