Operator I, Manufacturing (1st shift)
About the Job
Job Title: Operator I, Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 129258BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. This role is typically Monday-Friday with the shift falling between 6:00a-4:30p. Overtime hours are available.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
In this role, you will pack and visually inspect product following specified packaging, work order instructions, and standard operation procedures. Transport supplies and finished product to and from lines.
What will you do?
- Utilize packaging and/or inspection equipment to pack containers of products according to approved departmental Standard Operating Practices (SOPs), SOMs and PWOs and ensure all in-process and completed work is correct. Ensure it is cleared for access to controlled substance.
- Purge lines of components before and after packaging operations begin. Supply and service line with packaging components specified on the packaging work order.
- Examine product visually for proper physical quality (i.e., properly filled, sealed, labelled, etc.) and report any irregularities observed during the packaging process to lead or supervision.
- Perform equipment cleaning.
- Make sure to safely operate mobile equipment, store and transport required materials to proper areas for use.
- Check receipt of packaging components or delivery of finished stock for quality, quantity, and agreement with packaging work order.
- Complete all required documentation.
- Maintain proper personal hygiene as required by Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs).
- Demonstrate punctuality and sense of responsibility through adherence to attendance guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Some pharmaceutical production experience preferred.
- Must Pass Reading Comprehension and Operative/Craft Test.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure and to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights 20-50 pounds, occasionally
pushing and pulling over 100 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual
acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with
hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.