Operations Associate - Nights, Penfield
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus, diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, is responsible for inspection, assembly, and packing of products.
12 Hour Shift – NIGHTS – 6:45pm – 7:00am, Penfield, NY
- Become familiar with product lines and all related visual defects in order to identify rejected parts.
- Visually inspects bottles retrieved from machines, conveyor lines or taken from bulk containers and makes quality decision on each part. Recognizes out-of-spec production and advises supervisor or set-up personnel.
- Perform 15-minute inspections of high-volume production.
- Set up work area where applicable as a controlled environment where attire consists of hats, gloves, beard masks and coats.
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities necessary to maintain a clean environment necessary for the production of media bottles throughout the shift.
- Maintain necessary paperwork levels throughout the shift (i.e. 15-minute inspection form, MQC sheet) pertaining to the production of bottles.
- Work to established QC samples.
- Alert Supervisor/Team Lead or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
- Must possess a High School diploma or a GED.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers.
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to work in a high speed, repetitive production environment.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 120 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for night shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of nearly $25 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.