Oncology Sales Development Specialist
About the Job
How will you make an impact:
This is a field based position in Southern California for a Clinical Oncology Sales Development professional with experience and a proven track record in Clinical/Life Sciences Sales. The candidate will be responsible for developing new prospects and increasing the install base of our Ion Torrent Next Generation Sequencing systems and Oncomine branded assays in regional hospitals, reference labs and academic medical centers. Territory: Southern California, Arizona, Nevada & Utah
The Clinical Oncology Sales Development Specialist must demonstrate understanding of the oncology testing market and possess technical credibility to lead a consultative sales process with prospects and influence key decisions makers. The candidate will need to drive capital equipment sales requiring input from multiple departments within the client and coordinate internal resources for successful platform and assay implementation. .
Scientific Consulting Acumen- Demonstrates ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position solutions.
Sales Acumen- Consult with customers to build relationships and focus on project needs and workflows to drive implementationof Thermo Fisher Scientific’s oncology instrument solutions.
Devise and gain commitment for solutions from our test and instrumentation menu to meet customer needs and differentiate our offering.
Business Acumen- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting- for big deal/project based instrument and assay orders.
Team Work- Successful experience working in a team environment.
What will you do?
- Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
- Prospect and develop sales funnel in this rapidly growing and evolving marketplace.
- Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow and budget.
- Provide feedback and market insight to the business for future product development and marketing efforts.
How will you get here?
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, guidelines, and environments
- 5+ years of Sales Experience in Clinical/Life Science with Consistent Achievement of Sales Goals
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement
- Experience in Next-Generation Sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis (Sanger) Sequencing, Microarray or qPCR/digital PCR
- Minimum required education: Bachelor degree or Associate degree with 2 years of experience or high school diploma/GED with 4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 70%
- Fluent English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Computer and internet knowledge. Sales tools experience
- Valid driving license