Strategist, Marketing Strategy
About the Job
THE JOB / Strategist, Marketing Strategy
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Whether it is advising our clients on the right partnership opportunities, or developing sharp consumer insights, we strive to tell compelling stories that are grounded in data.
That's where you come in! We are looking for a Strategist to join our Marketing Strategy team. This position will be essential in supporting our team in the development of recommendations that guide sponsorship, PR and marketing decisions.
The right person for this role will be able to analyze data, leverage consumer trends, and identify relevant insights as part of effectively communicating recommendations to our clients. This person should be innovative, analytical and resourceful, with the ability to tackle unique problems quickly. This person will support projects across multiple clients, so it is important that you are someone who can manage your time efficiently across multiple projects!
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Develop insights from quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Build and deliver reports and presentations that are rooted in data, engaging and measurable
- Collaborate with cross-functional research and analytics teams
- Perform tasks and responsibilities required with conscientiousness to produce high-quality, accurate results
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A highly-motivated self-starter with a passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Knowledge of relevant trends in consumer, content and sports landscapes
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build and deliver engaging presentations that tell a story
- Understanding of modern marketing strategies (content, social, experiential)
- Client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving abilities
- Comfort working with data and numbers
- 1-4 years of meaningful experience
- Experience in working with syndicated databases, primary research, or statistics a plus
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.