Staff Accountant (Revenue)
About the Job
THE JOB / Staff Accountant (Revenue)
As the Revenue Accountant on the Finance team, you will support our Revenue Manager in running a successful monthly close as well as provide maintenance and ownership of our agency's forecast documents. The most critical responsibilities include the development and oversight of accurate and timely revenue recognition reports, maintenance of a working revenue forecast, and other relevant financial reporting as required.
Success in this role is defined by taking ownership and pride in your work, being forward-thinking with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment that often requires you to prioritize and meet deadlines (ongoing as well as last minute priority requests) and develop good working relationships with our business partners.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Support the timely and accurate recognition of revenue during the monthly close process meeting all Octagon and parent company deadlines
- Prepare and maintain working revenue budgets/forecasts in Excel
- Review contracts to ensure accounting system accurately reflects revenue
- Review and maintain revenue contract creation forms, amendments, contracts and related revenue support in on line system
- Provide back up for the set up and maintenance of projects in the SAP system
- Prepare journal entries for revenue related items
- Submit contracts, completed contract creation forms, and other documentation in support of revenue to parent company
- Collaborate closely with account team to lead financial processes for key client including revenue and cost of goods sold transactions
- Coordinate revenue-specific periodic system cleanup of project codes
- Provide support in the periodic monitoring and analysis of activity in the general ledger accounts, including preparation of monthly reconciliations for accrued revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled expenses
- Participate in revenue-specific audit
- Generate various revenue and receivable specific financial reports
- Perform other reasonably related duties and/or special projects as directed by Finance management.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required and 3 years of relevant experience
- Technical skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office and advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros and dense data)
- Extensive experience on accounting software systems required, ideally SAP
- Accuracy and precision in your work
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate positive relationships and effective partnerships
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment while meeting daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc deadlines
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.