Sr. Project Manager, Strategy
About the Job
THE JOB / Sr. Project Manager
CREATIVE / Responsible for generating bold, innovative ideas and producing design,
We are a group of specialists who are creators: Content creators, event producers, digital marketers. We are constantly striving to create programming that goes above and beyond our client's expectations and helps us shine in our industry. This project manager will support the greater team in bringing the groups together for integrated programs!
Reporting in to the project management team, this person will be responsible for managing projects for a variety of clients from banking to e-sports to packaged goods to technology. As we continue our organizational evolution, bringing all of our specialists together to collaborate on projects that solve problems for our clients proves more important than ever!
The project manager will be asked to be the liaison between the client account team and the various specialty teams: setting up briefing meetings, estimating projects, supporting the producers in the ultimate creation of projects will all be part of the job scope.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
Integrated Project Management:
- Receive all new work internal project requests
- Consult with supervisor on all team members to be involved
- Assign work to proper resources
- Create project timelines/distribute to account & project teams
- Keep projects on task
- Update status tracker with projects being managed
- Monitor progress of projects so they stay on task
- Release final creative to production vendors
- Integrate: manage communication between teams to promote collaboration
- Manage Creative project financial process
- Create program estimates
- Support the drafting of SOWs/Route for approval
- Gather production estimate from vendors
- Vendor invoice processing
- New vendor forms/creation
- Revenue Recognition
- Manage status reports & meetings
- Participate in both project management and client team meetings
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A collaborator and the consummate teammate with a track record of success working closely with clients, agency co-workers, and production partners to produce award-winning content
- Minimum of two years of experience in project management or closely-related job
- A digital native - deep technology and data-rooted strategic and production deliverables aren't new to you
- An initiative-taker and like being in control
- Easy-going and likable, but cannot be pushed around
- Ability to create systems and processes and sometimes consider 'Organization' your middle name - the ability and aptitude to keep abreast of the continued digital transformation of large organizations and implications on organizational design
- Ability to motivate team members to complete the work necessary to meet critical client demands
- Understanding of how to handle revenue, staffing and other resource management.
- Ability to work with operational partners and vendors to execute a multitude of projects
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Collaborative in nature with a "no job is too small" attitude to assist with overall duties and additional programs as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.