Research Manager, Strategy
About the Job
THE JOB / Research Manager, Strategy
Octagon is the world's largest sports and entertainment agency. We are the agency brands turn to when they need to know which sports, teams, leagues and properties to sponsor.
Our Strategy team is looking for a Research Manager to lead research projects to better understand consumers (and fans), identify partnership opportunities and measure the success of programs. Your expertise and experience with consumer research will drive the recommendations that build the most innovative marketing solutions in the industry.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A highly-motivated self-starter enjoys digging in to primary research / survey research.
- You know and have implemented a variety of quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies (and understand the ins and outs of research design, sampling and report planning).
- You have strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving abilities.
- You are analytical and inquisitive by nature with a strong orientation to detail.
- You like working in teams.
- You have a love of sports, entertainment and culture, and a solid understanding of sports marketing.
- 3-5 years of relevant research experience.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Lead survey research projects, with responsibilities for meeting timelines, budgets and client results
- Write questionnaires and build analytic plans
- Lead quality assurance process for research projects research to ensure accuracy
- Analyze and interpret survey results, and build reports and presentations to optimally communicate insights
- Develop an understanding of our clients' business and marketing needs
- Work with the research team on additional syndicated and secondary research projects, as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.