Digital Strategy Trainee
About the Job
THE JOB / Account Trainee - Digital Strategy
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
We're looking for an Account Trainee to support Digital Strategy at Octagon. The digital strategy team is responsible all digital marketing activations for our clients including media planning and amplification, digital customer acquisition, consumer engagement, social media and influencer marketing programs.
This position offers exposure to multiple disciplines across digital and social strategy, client management, and marketing analytics. In this role you will be able to craft presentations, hone excel skills, and receive on-the-job training in advanced marketing and media technologies.
This is an amazing opportunity to take an entry-level role in sports and entertainment marketing with a focus on digital marketing. The ideal candidate will have experience or relevant coursework in digital marketing, social media, digital media production, data science, analytics, statistics, computer science or math.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Campaign measurement and analysis including social listening, paid campaign reporting, and influencer campaign modeling
- Assist with proposal writing and presentation development
- Create campaign recaps
- Own and author administrative documents such as status reports, tracking documents, meeting notes, and project plans
- Participate in internal brainstorms and solutions sessions to create programs that bring brands to life on digital and social platforms
- Social community management, monitoring and direct response
- Other duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in digital media, social media or digital analytics.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in understanding of agencies and servicing clients
- Extremely attentive to detail; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while producing quality work within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team while also able to solve problems effectively and independently
- Collaborative in nature with a "no job is too small" positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to take direction and feedback; then run with it
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Exceptional work ethic, and strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills. Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- A natural passion for sports, entertainment and popular culture
- Bonus Skills:
- Experience with social listening tools: Netbase, Crimson Hexagon, Brand Watch.
- Experience with creating data-based visualizations using Tableau, Shiny/R
- Social content creator: A talent for creating fun, social-first content and copy
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.