Account Director, Strategy
About the Job
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
Octagon is the world's largest sports and entertainment agency. We are the agency brands turn to when they need to know which sports, teams, leagues and properties to sponsor.
We are looking for a Director to join our Strategy team and advise our clients on the right partnership opportunities, develop sharp consumer insights, and tell compelling stories that are grounded in data. Your sports marketing acuity will drive the recommendations that build the most innovative marketing solutions in the industry!
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Be a key contributor to multiple client initiatives that involve data-driven sponsorship and marketing recommendations:
- Assess the effectiveness of current partnerships
- Develop criteria to select new partners
- Measure the impact of partnerships
- Create innovative ways to bring sponsorships to market
- Collect data on competitors and the market, and present relevant insights as actionable strategies for brands or properties.
- Go deep on understanding our clients' business and marketing needs to deliver confident recommendations that engage and inspire.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Deep understanding of the sports marketing landscape
- Experience with brand positioning, audience research and insight development, campaign platform and message development, digital and channel strategies, building customer journeys and campaign ecosystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward way
- Experience constructing comprehensive measurement programs, primary research experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Comfort driving and executing several initiatives simultaneously
- Experience directing and mentoring team members
- A highly-motivated self-starter who is intellectually curious
- Prefer Strong PowerPoint and Excel proficiency, data visualization experience
- 5-7 years of proven experience
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com . This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.