Storeroom Helper - NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital
About the Job
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Radiology. Learn more about NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Storeroom Helper.
In this role, the successful candidate performs simple repetitive tasks under close supervision of the sanitation supervisor in the routine sanitation operation of the dishroom, kitchen and service areas.
- Assures storage of food and non-food items. Ensures that all food and non-food are stored after they have been checked. Dates produce, dairy, and meat items before storing. Always use clean racks and trays. Ensures that all products are properly rotated(FI-FO). Maintains all items in an orderly fashion on the shelves at all time. Assures all products are dated appropriately (all dented cans are stored for proper return).
- Fills and prepares all order requisitions correctly. Performs accurate and timely inventories. Prepares orders for satellite area and stores them according to supervisors request whether they are staged or delivered. Document items issues properly (e.g) weight, unit of issue, count, and nomenclature of all items. Sign all requisitions when completed and sign for receipt of items. Delivers all requisition and invoices to department office. Accounts for all food and non-food orders before they are picked up or delivered. Adheres to established policy and procedures pertaining to supplemental requisition.
- Maintains storage area in a neat and sanitary manner. Maintains the refrigerators / freezers in top sanitary condition by cleaning and organizing shelves, sweeping and mopping area floors. Assures all chemicals are properly organized and the area is in top sanitary condition. Sweeps and mops receiving bay as needed. Scrubs and cleans the dollies and flat bed truck thoroughly. Always follows task as they are assigned on the daily Sanitation schedule or by Supervisor in a timely manner. Always washes hands to standard operating procedure. Wears food gloves as needed.
- Attends training classes and meetings as directed. Attends inservices and scheduled meetings. Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of material and instructions given.
- Assures and demonstrates ability to carry out assigned tasks. Is able to lift 50 lbs. at a time. Always requests assistance when lifting weights over 50 lbs. Advises supervisor of any hazardous conditions in the area. Advises supervisor of problems requiring follow-up attention shortages, missing items
Must be able to communicate, read, and write English well. Must be able to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions.
High School diploma or Equivalent.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.