Registered Nurse Per Diem ICU
About the Job
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Registered Nurse Per Diem ICU.
In this role, the successful candidate The Registered Professional Staff Nurse (RN) assumes responsibility for nursing care and outcomes for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process in collaboration with other members of the health team.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for own professional practice and professional growth.
- Documents patient assessment reassessment progress toward goal achievement and all other required documentation accurately and timely.
- Promotes patient safety and quality including adherence to the National Patient Safety Goals
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with members of the health care team escalating situations appropriately.
- Establishes effective caring relationships with staff patients families and other members of the health care team.
- Administers medication and parenteral therapy in accordance with policy and procedure including blood administration.
- Establishes priorities for patient care delivery and uses critical thinking skills coordinates and completes patient care responsibilities independently or by appropriately delegating.
- Provides patient/family education and assists in discharge planning utilizing resources and considering patient/family readiness barriers and alternatives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care based on physical psychosocial educational safety and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area.
- Performs other duties as aligned with the mission and values of the organization.
To qualify you must be a graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program - BSN preferred.
NY State RN License
Recent 2 years ICU experience required
Specialty certification preferred
BLS, ACLS, PALS, NIHSS and 8 hours of Stroke education, and TNCC required
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.