IT Clinical Desktop Manager
About the Job
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a IT Clinical Desktop Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate Manages a team of IT staff supervising professionals in a single function. Participates in and oversees staff responsible for providing and maintaining a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the customer community. This may include running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems and either directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource and monitoring its effective resolution. Also includes telephone operator staff. Provides work direction and reviews work as needed
- Adds value to the organization through the direct management of staff and IT resources by directing and managing staff, budgeting for the work group, planning for future resource needs, management reporting, and establishing and ensuring the attainment of objectives and service levels for the work unit/project team.
- Responsible for the overall architecture direction for the application or the technical area.
- Manages team in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality improvement activities for the development organization.
- Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing technology solutions.
- First level of supervision, responsible for a team typically performing one function.
- Leads, assigns and monitors work for the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a 5 or more years of experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent
Prior supervisory experience is preferred but not required
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.