About the Job
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Family Physician.
In this role, the successful candidate Provider shall be responsible for providing professional medical services in accordance with this Agreement and all applicable laws, rules, regulations and FHC policies and procedures, reporting to Site Medical Director in connection with these services. Provider shall provide the services described below during such hours each week as are assigned by the LFHC. The services include but are not limited to:
Working in FQHC or community clinic setting.
Interested in treating patients as a PCP and precepting residents
- Provider shall provide direct clinical care to all patients assigned to Provider in accordance with applicable standards of care, FHC policies and procedures and Hospital policies and procedures, as applicable.
- Provider will be required to maintain certain good citizenship standards designed to optimize patient care and service and the smooth operation of the FHC. Such standards include but are not limited to the following: Accommodating walkin patients, arriving for office sessions on time and remaining throughout each session, engaging in teamwork with the support staff, following LFHC procedures and practice guidelines, e.g., appropriate clinical charting with complete notes and up-to-date problem and medication lists, timely completion of encounter forms, completing peer chart audits, etc.
- Provider will be required to participate on a rotating basis in the 24 hour on-call phone coverage arrangement that is unit/site-specific. Provider must make every reasonable effort to answer patients phone calls within 30 minutes on the day/evening Provider is on call and to submit all required documentation of the call which will be posted in the medical record
- Provider shall meet specialty and site-specific defined productivity expectations.
- At all times, Provider shall accurately and timely complete any paperwork necessary to facilitate billing and reimbursement.
To qualify you must have a M.D. or D.O. in Family Medicine.
FQHC experience preferred or previous work experience in a busy ambulatory care setting.
Required Licenses: Physicians Lic-NYS
Ideal candidate speaks Spanish; has prior experience supervising/precepting family medicine residents or working with residents.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.