Faculty Group Practice Billing Representative **Boynton Beach FL**
About the Job
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing Rep I.
In this role, the successful candidate Under general direction submits claims. follows-up on unpaid balances (insurance or patient), corrects errors, enters claim information, submits authorization/precertification requests with insurance companies, follows up on denied claims and/or authorizations, and submits appeals as necessary. Assists with other related tasks including medical record requests, reviewing accounts, and billing projects.
- Participate in workgroups and meetings. Attend all required training classes. Escalate issues to management as needed. Read and apply policies and procedures to make appropriate decisions. Coordinate functions and work cooperatively with others. Explain processes and procedures to others; performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with providers, patients, coders, or other responsible persons to ensure that authorizations and claims are correctly processed by third party payers.
- Adhere to general practices and FGP guidelines on compliance issues and patient confidentiality.
- Utilize CBO Pathways as guide for determining actions needed to resolve unpaid or incorrectly paid claims and/or for authorizing procedures in assigned workqueue(s) using payer websites, billing system information and training within expected timeframe;
- Follow workflows provided in training classes and request additional training as needed.
- Identify payer, provider credentialing, and/or coding issues and address them with management.
- Perform daily tasks in assigned work queues and according to manager assignments.
- Perform billing tasks assigned by management which may include data entry, claim review, charge review, accounts receivable follow-up, or other related responsibilities.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED. Experience in medical billing, A/R, insurance, or related duties; Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 utilized in medical billing; medical billing software; healthcare billing including Medicare, Medicaid, or other third party payers; terminology utilized in medical billing; English usage, grammar and spelling; basic math.
Experience in a doctor's office and/or obtaining authorizations preferred.
NYU Langone Florida is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Florida’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.