Associate Director of Research, Division of General Internal Medicine and Clinical Innovation
About the Job
We are seeking an accomplished investigator to play a key role in leading research efforts in the Division of General Internal Medicine and Clinical Innovation and in collaboration with the Department of Population Health and NYU’s Clinically Integrated Network. Our research mission is to transform healthcare to better serve our diverse patient populations. We have an enormously diverse patient population with potential for multidisciplinary collaboration across NYU’s schools. Qualified candidates are expected to broaden and deepen our research efforts pertinent to general internal medicine in areas including clinical transformation, qualitative research, implementation science and medical education.
Who We Are:
Under the leadership of Sondra Zabar, MD, the Division of General Internal Medicine and Clinical Innovation (DGIMCI) serves as the academic home to over 750 general internists and family practitioners on the faculty of NYU School of Medicine. DGIMCI’s core mission is to transform care for diverse patient populations through excellence and innovation in patient care, education and research. Remarkable research opportunities exist across different healthcare systems:
- Private hospitals in the NYU Langone Health system, including NYU Langone Tisch Hospital, NYU Langone-Brooklyn, and NYU Winthrop
- Public safety net hospital system (NYC Health+Hospitals at Bellevue, Gouverneur, and Woodhull),
- Federally funded VA NY Harbor Healthcare System
- Outpatient settings at locations throughout New York City’s five boroughs, Long Island, New Jersey, Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess counties, and Florida. Our outpatient care also includes the Family Health Centers in Brooklyn, one of the largest Federally Qualified Health Center networks in the nation.
We have enormous potential for multidisciplinary collaboration across New York University, NYU School of Medicine (e.g., Departments of Medicine and Population Health), and other organizations toward improving clinical outcomes, patient care, and physician training in today's ever-changing healthcare environment. Our investigators have access to a range of NYU resources to support their research agenda, including a Clinical Translational Science Institute (CTSI), methodological consultations, a state-of-the-art simulation center, and extensive mentoring programs.
Learn more about us at:
We now seek accomplished investigator who will broaden and deepen our efforts in health services research pertinent to general internal medicine in the areas of care transformation and implementation science. This person will work independently and collaboratively with our research team.
Core qualifications include:
- Excellent record of quality scholarship and extramural funding as a PI
- Track record of NIH R- level or similar funding
- Strong mentoring skills
- MD, PhD or equivalent degree
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.