Assistant Professor in the Division of Medical Ethics
About the Job
The Division of Medical Ethics in the Department of Population Health of NYU School of Medicine (http://pophealth.med.nyu.edu/divisions/medical-ethics), seeks to recruit an Assistant Professor level faculty member for a position, tenure track.
· Pursuing a line of bioethical research and inquiry in ethics/big data/ AI that leads to presentations at national meetings and publications in peer-reviewed journals
· Develop and seek funding for research studies in the candidate’s area of interest within bioethics
· Working with the Division Head on organizing meetings, conferences, and research projects on ethics/big data and AI in health care
· Helping create and teach continuing education programs
· Consultation on ethics issues for IRBs, clinical trial sponsors, investigators, patient groups, NGOs
. Teaching one course per year or co-teaching with another instructor one course
· Some teaching in existing medical school courses and electives
· Mentoring graduate students/postdoctoral fellows
Core qualifications include: Excellent record of quality scholarship and teaching, including a demonstration of a strong scholarly career track. PhD, JD, or MD required. Areas of work within bioethics that will receive preference are ethics/artificial Intelligence and big data in health care, with a secondary interest in genetics and/or research ethics. Competitive salary, research and travel funds, and a comprehensive range of benefits available.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.