Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Medicine
About the Job
Atlantic Health System is hiring an experienced per diem Occupational Medicine Nurse Practitioner for weekend clinic & call center hours. Candidate must be willing to travel and become credentialed at all AHS Medical Centers.
The Per-Diem NP will provide coverage as needed for our APNswho are assigned to our occupational health locations. They will participate in our flu program, health screenings and phone assessments.
- Candidate will have the ability to utilize the nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients served.
- Under the general direction of the Clinical Coordinator, in collaborative practice with the designated collaborating physician and/or on-site Medical Director and within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act, will provide episodic care for the employees of our contracted corporate clients at their location.
- Assesses, diagnoses, treats & prescribes for a variety of ambulatory care complaints and episodic illnesses.
- Prescribes appropriate medications and devices within the scope of the Nurse Practice act, the collaborative agreement and prescribing protocols and according to accepted clinical guidelines.
- Establishes relationships with employees and addresses and monitors individual health concerns.
- Must be able to assess, diagnose, and treat or refer health problems arising in the workplace.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and computer skills
- At least 1 year of NP experience in occupational medicine
- BSN Required
- Masters Degree Required
- Valid New Jersey Nursing License Required
Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey is a leading non profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The New Jersey network includes: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical center in Pompton Plains, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, Goryeb Childrens Hospital in Morristown and Atlantic Rehabilitation and Atlantic Home Care and Hospice.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver a Trusted Network of Caring, and our promise to our communities is that anyone who enters our system will receive the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost.
We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortunes Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For list.
At Atlantic Health System, we strive for an inclusive health care environment where patients, visitors and employees are welcomed and afforded the same high quality care and experience regardless of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, immigration status, socioeconomic background, disability and age. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are an equal opportunity employer.