Nurse Practitioner - Occupational Health Services Part Time 22.5 hours Flexible Days
About the Job
NYU Winthrop is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Nurse Practitioner - EHS.
In this role, the successful candidate The Nurse Practitioner uses clinical expertise to plan the delivery of safe, therapeutic, population-specific patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. With the patient and family central to the care, incorporates the unique characteristics and needs of each patient and family member into the plan of care. Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team to promote wellness and optimize patient outcomes.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Participates in the development and revision of the interdisciplinary and nursing standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, house staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Works collaboratively with nurse leadership to ensure timely communications with the nursing staff.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MD's etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Services Standards and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional nursing standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Functions as a respectful member of the healthcare team.
- Performs complete health history, physical examination and psychosocial assessment of patients within the designated practice or clinical unit.
- Orders customary laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies per practice protocols, differentiates between normal/abnormal findings and follows protocols for abnormal findings, which may include referral to consulting physicians per customary pattern of the attending MD or with collaborating physician.
- Formulates the plan of care, along with the attending physician, patient and family, based on expected goals of care and length of stay.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician, consulting physician(s), and other disciplines to identify, develop, and implement an appropriate plan of care that maximizes individual patient/ family preference and enhances quality, access, and cost-effective outcomes.
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA authorization.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and occupational therapy, and home health services per practice protocol.
- Practices as member of the allied health staff according to the rules and regulations of the medical staff and bylaws as outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial role.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of peers and other health professionals.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality and performance improvement.
- Uses evidence-based healthcare literature to advise and support appropriate practice changes within the designated service.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the development and implementation of clinical studies within the area of expertise.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of research protocols when applicable.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position, particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance indicators established for service.
To qualify you must have a Master's Degree graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program Required. Current NYS Registered Nurse License Required. Current NYS Nurse Practitioner License Required. Current Nurse Practitioner Certification Required. Excellent communication skills (both oral & written), interpersonal and organization skills Required. Basic Computer skills Required..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Nurse Practitioner-NYS
Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) Preferred. Relevant experience strongly Preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Winthrop provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Winthrop is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Winthrop's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.