Northwell Health New York, NY
About the Job
As a Housekeeper, you will maintain designated areas in a clean and aseptic condition.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Cleans and disinfects: High (ceiling vents, ceilings) and low (window sills, floors, furniture) dusting, sweeping, mopping, stripping floors, finishing floors, burnishing floors, wiping walls, ledges, sills, beds, phones, glass, stainless steel, elevators, furniture, bathrooms, vacuums, shampoo, trash and linen collection, trash packing, trash compacting, plants, partitions, doors, door jambs, kickplates, baseboards, cribs, bassinets, ceilings, sidewalks and curbs, loading docks. May change linen and make beds, cleans and disinfects window coverings.
- Arranges and moves furniture, mattresses, equipment and supplies.
- Restocks and transports supplies.
- Reports minor work repair requests and unsafe conditions to supervisor or Engineering department.
- Enters information of discharges into bedtracking system.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year previous housekeeping experience in a healthcare environment, preferred.
- Ability to use carts, floor care machines, vacuums, scrapers, dust pans, chemicals, brushes, buckets and wringers, dust maps, long handled cleaning devices, mops, caddies, trash receptacles, re-usable containers, mats, elevators, and ladders, etc., required.
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions. Detail oriented, strong interpersonal, verbal and organizational skills, required.
- Knowledge of proper handling procedures of regulated medical and solid waste, required.