About the Job
Provides case and group work services to patients and/or their families during patient's Hospital stay. Ensures continuity of medical care by referral to appropriate follow-up services.
- * Provides direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help clients maximize their functioning.Travel to patient homes, community resources, community meetings may be required.
- * Advocates on behalf of the client to ensure maximum access to health care.
- * Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by hospital policies and procedures.
- * Functions in a consultative and educative capacity with all pertinent individuals or agencies that impact on patients.
- * Prepares materials for supervisory conferences.
- May direct the activities of paraprofessional staff, social work interns and volunteers.May participate in appropriate research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• Master's Degree in social work, required
• MSW from accredited School of Social Work, required
• LMSW required within one year of employment
• Three years Post-masters work experience with an adult population, required
• Three years Post-masters work experience with an adolescent population, required
• Three years Post-masters work experience with a child population, required
• One year Post-masters work experience in a developmental/behavior disorder setting, preferred
• One year Post-masters work experience in a psychiatric setting, preferred
• Experience in case management, discharge planning, group work, individual, and outpatient, preferred.