Service Associate - Support Services
About the Job
The Service Associate is responsible for patient escort, maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment, and the overall appearance of their assigned area. The Service Associate ensures the safe and comfortable transportation of all patients from their assigned area from the medical surgical units including, admissions, discharges, transfers and procedures. The Service Associate ensures that each patient room in their assigned area on the unit is ready, cleaned and stocked with the correct equipment and supplies. The Service Associate ensures that the assigned area's unit corridors, nursing stations and public areas are free of clutter and arranged in a neat and orderly fashion. The Service Associate is the first point of contact for patient and family non-clinical needs. The Service Associate works together with the Environmental Specialist to ensure that the entire area is always clean, tidy, stocked and welcoming for all patients and families. The Service Associate is also responsible for ensuring each patient receives a fond farewell and is escorted to their vehicle in a safe and compassionate manner.
- Performs all patient, equipment, supply and lab specimen transportation needs in a safe and professional manner.
- Works with the clinical team to coordinate patient schedule for clinical testing.Gathers all required information, supplies, equipment and works with the RN/Tech in the assigned area to prepare the patient for transport.
- Ensures all equipment is properly disinfected.Stored in proper storage areas.
- Escorts patients upon discharge to their car and assists with transfer from wheelchair to car.
- Assists with patient transfer from bed to stretcher or wheelchair.
- Transports a patient's deceased body to the morgue in a careful, dignified and respectful manner.
- Assists Concierge, as needed, with transport of medical records to Information Archival Center.
- Ensures the patient/staff kitchens and patient refrigerators are stocked with supplies such as but not limited to food, coffee/tea, condiments, snacks and utensils.
- Prepares and completes food snack replacement sheet for unit deliveries to Concierge daily.
- Organizes the equipment and supply storage rooms.Manages supplies and equipment inventory in all areas and ensures at the start and end of the shift that all needed equipment is cleaned and available for use.
- Ensures that all corridors on the patient units and public areas are cleared of any equipment/supplies.Ensures all equipment and supplies are stored in the appropriate equipment/supply storage area.
- Indentifies and reports any equipment that is not functioning correctly.
- Locates and transports supplies and equipment as needed.
- Delivers stock supplies to patient rooms from clean core.
- Performs patient room checks to ensure that each room is “ready” with the appropriate equipment for incoming patients utilizing the patient room checklist.
- Ensures that the unit is stocked with clean equipment at all times ensuring that all par levels are appropriate and maintained.Discusses par level issues with the Operations Manager.
- Removes and discards all dirty equipment/ supplies from the patient rooms as instructed by the clinical team.
- Submits maintenance work order forms and follows up with Operations Manager on outstanding issues.
- Cleanliness/Environment 19.Wipes down surfaces, equipment and cleans up small spills.
- Performs light cleaning such as dusting surfaces and tidying of all work stations and public areas.Ensures nurse's and doctor's stations are neat, surfaces are wiped down.
- Performs equipment cleaning ensuring that the equipment is available for patient and staff use.
- Performs rounds/sweeps on each patient room, at a minimum of twice per shift.Ensures that the patient's rooms are neat and tidy, including but not limited to bedside tables cleaned, trash and linen removed, bathroom sink wiped down and toiletries arranged, Linens and towels replaced.
- Routinely inspects the solarium/waiting rooms/public bathrooms and patient and family kitchen on each unit ensuring it is neat, orderly dust-free and clean.Magazines and books arranged neatly, furniture is clean and neatly arranged TV and computer in working order, Family kitchen area surfaces wiped down.
- Reports when a room “is ready” from a cleanliness, equipment and supply standpoint, to receive a patient.
- Removes patient food trays and places in dirty core.
- Observes noise levels on the unit.Reminds staff to be mindful.Reports equipment that is disturbing (squeaky carts, stretchers, etc.).
- Upon discharge/transfer: strips and makes patient bed, removes trash and dirty linen, cleans all equipment and restocks patient linens in bathroom (towels, patient gown), ensures all patient amenities and comfort items are placed in room.
- Packs-up room and escorts belongings with the patient at discharge or delivers patient belongings to the patient's new room upon transfer.
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent.Previous patient care healthcare experience, preferred.
- Previous experience utilizing medical equipment, preferred.
- Previous experience using technical/computer system such as a transportation/EVS tracking system.
- Familiarity with e-mail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English including the ability to read, write and speak English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Must exhibit compassion and the Planetree principles.