Senior Patient Account Representative
Northwell Health Woodbury, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Monitors the activities and performance of physician practices to ensure that billing related functions are performed in an efficient manner consistent with department policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with physicians and administrators to ensure financial growth and stability; apprises physicians of new and revised procedures.
- Monitors accuracy of fee structure and reimbursement payment schedules from third party payers, all cash payment deposits and refunds.
- Acts as resource person for resolution of complex billing situations.
- Guides billing/clerical staff regarding billing and office/clerical functions.
- Coordinates clinical documentation requests to business office to ensure timely appeals.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to facilitate billing and maximize case collections.
- Reviews and recommends improvements for financial management of each billing area.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, required.