Senior Manager, Operations
About the Job
Manages daily operations of multi-physician practice(s)/hospital services for a Department/Division or Service Line. Manages staff and processes of multiple Cost Centers and/or Locations that are typically more organizationally and/or logistically complex to ensure effective performance and efficient systems for Business Operations, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, information Management Organizational Governance, Patient Care Systems Quality Management and Risk Management.
- Provides leadership to Operations team members, supervisors, and managers by communicating and guiding toward achieving department objectives.
- Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for goals in alignment with the health system.
- Collaborates with practice/hospital management to implement organizational strategic plans and objectives based on the mission and vision; partners with leadership and other clinical personnel to manage approved clinical programs.
- Manages business functions to ensure processes are operationally efficient and effective; manages operations of a more complex organization of multiple Practices, Specialties, Cost Centers and/or Locations with overall accountability of staff.
- Participates in the creation of goals for Department/Division operations and executes accomplishment of objectives.
- Manages the efficient and effective use of operating resources – space, material, equipment, staff, and information.
- Collaborates with the leadership to monitor and improve key performance indicators related to appointment scheduling, patient pre-registration/ registration, insurance verification, referral management/pre-authorization, co-pay collection, charge entry/capture activities, and accounts receivable; recommends and implements approved changes.
- Reviews operational reports and collaborates with the leadership to monitor and improve key indicators such as arrivals, no-shows, cancellations, bumps, patient cycle time, exam room utilization, physician productivity, and appointment lag.
- Upholds and communicates the mission, vision and values of the organization across multiple Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations and/or Hospital; manages and maintains relationships between Practices and/or Cost Centers and/or Locations and/or Hospital, staff and stakeholders.
- Participates in risk management assessment for practice(s) and works to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Ensures responsibility-areas participate in quality initiatives to improve healthcare and ensure patient safety; aligns programs with hospital quality management initiatives if applicable.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience and 5-7 years of leadership / management experience, required.