Senior Manager, Human Resources
About the Job
Manages, plans, organizes and evaluates the delivery of strategic HR expertise and coordinates and communicates HR initiatives. Fosters relationships with department heads. Counsels department heads on issues relevant to their employees, as well as interpreting HR policies to employees. Educates departments on processes and procedures and supports delivery of employee forms to increase employee satisfaction.
- Provides leadership to HR team members, supervisors, and managers by communicating and guiding toward achieving department objectives.
- Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for goals in alignment with the health system.
- Provides generalist support with limited direction from HR Leadership; interprets, communicates and implements HR policies and procedures for site; answers general employee questions with regard to benefits, process and procedures; acts as facility point person for employee activities; facilitates interviews between talent acquisition and facility Department Heads; coordinates and transmits employee file review requests.
- Links and executes Human Resources policies and procedures supporting HR strategies; coordinates facility employee activities such as dinners, blood drives, picnics, adopt a family; drive them to successful closure by providing on-site activity support and post-activity reporting.
- Ensures that departments are aware of existing corporate initiatives; assists in gathering data to ensure site compliance in various areas.
- In union facilities, prepares documentation for and participates in arbitration hearings and contract negotiations; recommends strategies for strike planning and preventative labor relations.
- Prepares statistical reports using records of actions taken concerning grievances, arbitration and mediation cases, and related labor relations activities, to identify problem areas.
- Monitors implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions, to ensure compliance with terms of labor contract.
- Furnishes information, such as reference documents and statistical data concerning labor legislation, labor market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, for use in review of current contract provisions and proposed changes.
- Advises managers with the interpretation of policies and mediates with employees and union representatives, identifying legal issues for referral to legal counsel.
- Supports the development of labor relations strategies, programs and policies; investigates employee grievances, claims of violations of facility policies and procedures; collects and distributes Human Resource forms, evaluations, etc. to and from the Facility and Human Resources.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience and 5-7 years of leadership / management experience, required.