Physician Assistant (Orthopedics) - Nassau County
Northwell Health Valley Stream, NY
About the Job
- Takes initial patient histories and performs physical examinations.
- Initiates, documents, and communicates the plan of care and follows up to ensure complete screening and preparation of patients.
- Performs daily patient rounds.
- Writes orders for medications, laboratory work, and diagnostic tests.
- Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care.
- Upon discharge, notes discharge summaries, prescriptions, and any referrals on patient charts.
- Informs patients of the necessary post-discharge care instructions.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Graduate of an accredited (Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistant Programs ARC-PA) program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- Current NCCPA Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Current BLS certification, required.