Northwell Health New Hyde Park, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Assists in the preparation, dispensing, manufacturing and repackaging of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
- * Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
- Fills, packages, labels and stocks unit dose cart from patient profile card or computerized pick list; brings cart to nursing unit according to predetermined schedule.Makes other deliveries, as required.
- Fills bottles or other package forms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically.
- Assists in clean air room, using sterile technique in filling and labeling injectable prescriptions.
- Assists in preparation of IV additives.
- Fills medication orders in inpatient area.
- Responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- * Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
- Maintains IV records with Pharmacist direction.Maintains records for medication in inpatient area.
- Maintains records of preparation of extemporaneous medications.
- Assists in the maintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
- Enters orders into computer terminal.
- * Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary.
- Receives and maintains records of stock and inventory control.
- Assists in material control by maintaining records and inventories.
- Maintains placement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies to all areas of Pharmacy to assure efficient operating conditions.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program OR Equivalent hospital pharmacy experience, required.
- Current Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), required when hired on/after 12/01/18.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital pharmacy with a computerized system, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, where applicable.
- Ability to learn computerized hospital pharmacy system.