About the Job
Interprets, compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians, and other qualified prescribers. Enters drug orders into computer profile.
- Dispenses medications to inpatient in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Documents non-formulary drug approvals, restricted drug approvals and unusual medication orders.
- Receives medication orders and reviews the order for completeness, interactions, and incompatibilities/inconsistencies; Consults with prescriber for discrepancies.
- Reports prescription discrepancies to the leadership and documents unusual medication orders in the intervention log.
- Dispenses medications; Ensures dispensed medications are labeled.
- Compounds intravenous admixtures and parenteral mixtures.
- Maintains each record utilized when dispensing controlled drugs, ensuring the appropriate, completed documentation as per required regulations.
- Initiates computer generated label and maintains records/statistics, as required.
- Orders medications and supplies; receives and checks medications and supplies for accuracy.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy required.
- Current License to practice as a Pharmacist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.