Pharmacist - Vaccination Pods, Per Diem, Urgent Needs!!!
Northwell Health New York, NY
About the Job
- Interprets and enters drug orders and patient data into computer profile. Selects, prepares, and dispenses drug products to fill inpatient and outpatient prescriptions. Labels drug products as per procedure.
- Dispenses employee prescriptions, initiates profile system, and provides drug information.
- Interacts with health care personnel to provide information on drug action or delivery of various medications. Provides compatibility information for IV administration of various drugs.
- Screens for drug allergy and drug interactions. Notes drugs or classes of drugs contraindicated in specific disease states. Conducts pre-admission and discharge patient medication interviews upon request.
- Reviews patient charts and nursing medication-charting documents for accuracy and completeness to maintain accurate patient profile. Ensures drugs are reordered as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Maintains records and inventory of investigation drugs, controlled substances, and methadone. Maintains records of transactions and delivery.
- Manufactures, prepares, and labels compound and solutions, and other sterile products.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy including internship, required. PharmD, preferred.
- Must possess current license to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience to ensure familiarity with hospital pharmacy practice, preferred.