Mail Order Pharmacy Technician - Per Diem
Northwell Health Great Neck, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Assists in the communication and dispensing of medications via mail. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
- Assists Pharmacist(s) in non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication; fills, packages, labels and stocks medications; fills bottles or other package forms with measured amount of medication either manually or mechanically.
- Labels containers of drugs according to department specification, either manually or mechanically; fills medication orders in outpatient area; is responsible for extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
- Responsible to calculate required dosing and day supply for orders; assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports; is responsible for resolution of third party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries.
- Documents customer inquiries, issues, transactions, and other relevant information into computer system; maintains records for medication in outpatient area; assists in the maintenance of statistics and records for medication orders.
- Enters and processes orders into the computer system; maintains clean work environment according to standards; maintains sufficient inventory at workstations.
- Transports required pharmacy material, as necessary; receives and maintains records of stock and inventory control.
- Assists in material control by maintaining records and inventories; maintains placement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies.
- Operates point-of-sale cash system according to department policies while ensuring positive customer experience; handles correspondence to patients (inbound calls, chats, emails) and makes outbound calls to prescribers and patients, as needed.
- Follows policies and procedures and other reference materials to assist in answering various general inquires and issues; complies with Food and Drug Administration mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Pharmacy Technician Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.