Leads and guides lab technologists, lab assistants, and other laboratory staff. Performs a variety of laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the lab. Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reports results. Performs all Quality Control procedures. Reviews, evaluates and documents all corrective action.
- Leads and guides lab technologists, lab assistants, and other laboratory staff.
- Acts as a resource, when questions arise; handles more difficult tests/ procedures.
- Performs a variety of laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the lab; prepares and tests specimens for examination and reviews and reports results.
- Performs all Quality Control procedures, including accumulation and recording of data; reviews, evaluates and documents all corrective action in accordance with established and required policies and procedures.
- Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, reagents, technical problems and methodologies.
- Maintains enough supplies at each work station through the inventory control system, Assists in in-service training programs, as needed; assists in all bench training in the laboratory.
- Uses Infection Control practices and procedures.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current license to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 6 years of technical experience, required and 2+ years of leadership / management experience, preferred.