Financial Operations Program Manager
About the Job
Manages, plans, organizes and evaluates medical facility operating budgets. Participates in the ongoing process to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies. Coordinates the monitoring and review of all applicable statistical and financial reports and metrics.
- Prepares analysis of statistical financial reports.
- Coordinates the preparation of bi-weekly and monthly statistical reports for labor and non-labor.
- Presents analysis and provides explanations regarding statistical variances for hospital’s labor force and non-labor with senior facility administrators.
- Reviews leave accrual and position control reports, and addresses issues with department leadership.
- Assists in the coordination and management of hospital’s operating budgets.
- Coordinates with Corporate Finance and department leadership the accurate completion of labor/FTE and non-labor budgets.
- Reviews completed operating budgets with finance administrators and makes recommendations, where appropriate, to improve budget efficiencies.
- Oversees payroll and timekeeping to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
- Assists in the development of strategic business plans and profitability analysis.
- Prepares, analyzes and maintains cost data as required for regulatory reporting, new program submissions, and union negotiations (when applicable).Conducts and assists in the presentation of fiscal education sessions and site orientation, as assigned.
- Assists with performance improvement initiatives that may include, but not be limited to, reduction of bad debts, cost savings through process redesign and/or efficiencies, and revenue improvement opportunities. Prepares analysis of statistical financial reports; coordinates the preparation of bi-weekly and monthly statistical reports for labor and non-labor.
- Operates under general guidance and work assignments are varied and require interpretation and independent decisions on course of action.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.