About the Job
Assists in performing investigative research under the mentorship in a particular area(s) of study. Publishes and presents data in a timely manner. Works collaboratively with other investigators to facilitate their scientific research and training.
- Performs research projects as directed, follows and adheres to experimental protocols in a proficient and meticulous manner.
- Responsible for the collection of data and analysis of research data.
- Performs a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, completing correspondence, database maintenance, maintaining records, charts, etc.
- Participates in laboratory meetings, seminars and journal clubs as appropriate.
- Attends graduate school core curriculum.
- Develops a thesis under the direction of the investigator mentor; must present progress semi-annually to the thesis advisory committee.
- Works collaboratively with internal research staff and external investigators.
- Operates with direct guidance and work assignments are generally straightforward and of moderate complexity.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Doctor of Medicine required.
- 0-1 years of relevant experience, required.