Distributions Operations Assistant
About the Job
Maintains department inventory levels by placing and processing orders for supplies. Processes copying and printing requests. Assists with receiving and delivering supplies; performs receptionist and mail processing duties.
- Enters and places orders for supplies in Materials Management Information System (MMIS); ensures accuracy of MMIS with regard to item numbers, vendor and charge numbers, and reconciles invoice discrepancies.
- Communicates with appropriate organization departments to expedite purchases and orders, as needed; keeps management informed of inventory control activities and any issues that may arise.
- Processes copying and printing requests received from throughout the hospital; duplicates, sorts, and distributes completed projects; maintains inventory of required supplies for Copy Center.
- Ensures all related Copy Center equipment is properly maintained; assists Materials Support Associates, as needed.
- Receives materials, IVs, and supplies; delivers supplies to nursing and ancillary units.
- Performs receptionist duties; greets, assists, and directs department visitors to appropriate locations.
- Answers phones, directs calls, and takes messages.
- Receives and distributes mail throughout department.
- Prepares mail and outgoing FedEx; processes item returns to vendors.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.