Dining Assistant (Temporary)
About the Job
Responsible for patient meal order selection, complete and accurate assembly of food trays, timely delivery of meal service, tray collection and sanitation/ware washing.
Responsible for patient meal order selection, complete and accurate assembly of food trays, timely delivery of meal service, tray collection and sanitation/ware washing.Job Description
- Greets patient, informs patient of meal selections and takes meal orders for next scheduled meal; ensures service excellence standards are met.
- Assists patient in selecting appropriate food choices and recommends alternatives where necessary; refers patient to Dietitian as required.
- Enters menu selections into diet office computer system.
- Obtains patient feedback and informs supervisor or Dietitian of any issues patient is experiencing with food service, quality or preferences.
- Assembles food trays for assigned patients and follows portion guidelines.
- Delivers trays in a timely fashion and collects and delivers used trays to kitchen at the end of meal service.
- Handles food according to sanitary regulations and department policy.
- Operates equipment and machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists with ware washing of re-usable equipment.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Certified Food Handler Certification required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.