Compliance Program Director
Northwell Health Lake Success, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Plans, organizes, oversees, and assists assigned facilities with maintaining compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Chairs meetings and coordinates monthly committee for their respective sites; provides advice and acts as a resource to facility management for compliance issues; advises the Facility’s employees, contractors and vendors as appropriate, agents and any applicable governing Board members on issues of regulatory compliance.
- Maintains the facility’s compliance program structure to reasonably ensure adherence to applicable federal and state rules and regulations; assists in the coordination of the investigation of suspected violations received through the Alert Line and other channels; oversees, follows-up, and implements correction actions to investigations and other issues generated by the compliance program.
- Assists in the coordination of any internal and external compliance audits at the facility; provides liaison between facility specific compliance efforts and System-wide compliance efforts; supports activities of the compliance.
- Monitors the exclusions screening process within the facility; distributes, implements, and communicates new and revised compliance policies; implements and monitors annual compliance training and education; Disseminates compliance related information; assists in organizing and attending Facility compliance awareness events.
- Uses the reporting system and monitoring at the facility; monitors and tracks other performance parameters, as requested.
- Participates in the periodic compliance self-assessments, as needed; ensures all facility staff receives the code of conduct and signs any appropriate attestations.
- Provides periodic reports to the leadership on the status of facility compliance efforts; participates in developing and implementing internal controls capable of preventing and detecting significant instances or patterns of illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Participates on various facility committees to ensure compliance objectives are being met; participates in compliance projects.
- Uses knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of functional objectives and principles to achieve goals in innovative ways. Problems addressed are of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience and progressive experience where team leadership was demonstrated, required.