Clinical Laboratory Technician
About the Job
Performs clinical laboratory procedures and examinations pursuant to established, approved protocols which require limited independent judgment and review. Performs routine cutting and staining of surgical specimens, frozen sections and special stains. Provides daily operational assistance to department leadership. Provides clinical and operational guidance to support staff.
- Performs a variety of reviewed laboratory procedures relevant to the particular work going on in the laboratory.
- Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reviews and reports preliminary results to the technologist for sign-off.
- Keeps accurate records.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
- Maintains the laboratory area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs all routine cutting and staining of surgical specimens.
- Performs frozen sections and special stains.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Associate's Degree required.
- Current License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technician or Histological Technician in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 0-1 years of technical experience, required.