Clinical Laboratory Accessioner
Northwell Health Lake Success, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Assists laboratory personnel in daily accessioning activities. Performs pre-analytical processing of specimens and a variety of clerical duties in support of department.
- Receives, sorts and performs accurate data entry for all specimens entering the laboratory.
- Receives and processes written/electronic requests from physicians for routine, STAT and/or special laboratory tests.
- Follows appropriate handling requirements for specific specimens.
- Identifies and documents situations that may adversely impact test performance or reporting of results, and notifies management of situation.
- Rejects incorrect or inappropriate specimens.
- Retests using the same or alternate methods.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of department.
- Answers, screens and directs phone calls received in Laboratory.
- Retrieves, prints and faxes test results and cumulative reports utilizing the laboratory computer system.
- Processes and files form requests, records, receipts, and related laboratory paperwork.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of accessioning experience, preferred.
- Working knowledge of all computer systems (MILLENNIUM, CLASSIC, INVISION, E-PATHLINK). Working knowledge of entire Accessioning Process.