Care Management Coordinator (Social Worker in Staten Island)
Northwell Health Great Neck, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Coordinates and participates in activities related to Care Management services to family members and caregivers.
- Utilizes patient-centered motivational interviewing techniques to build rapport and help patients improve their health.
- Supports the primary care team by providing panel management to decrease the number of patients lost to care, non-compliant in follow up care or disconnected from primary care. Participates in the development, maintenance, and adjustment of individualized care plans for high-risk patients that address both medical and social barriers to accessing care.
- Acts as a professional liaison between hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, and community resources on behalf of patients to ensure patient-centered care coordination.
- Identifies and tracks special populations, including high-risk patients and other populations due for preventive or chronic care services.
- Identifies and tracks patients discharged from the inpatient service or the emergency department.
- Uses team-based communication strategies to close the loop on referrals, hospital follow-ups and any outstanding items identified in the patient's care plan. Performs outreach activities in primary care sites, homes, hospitals, and neighborhoods.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.