Admitting Clerk (SY)
Northwell Health Syosset, NY
About the Job
Job Description Job Description
Admits incoming patients to hospital. Interviews incoming patients/representative to obtain identifying information and other data required for admission.
- * Greets patients and/or visitors to the department in a courteous manner
- * Interviews patients/significant others and obtains all relevant demographic and insurance data; obtains necessary signatures.
- * Enters all pre-admission and admission information into computer
- * Prepares addressograph plate for use in charging items to patient. Places identification band on patient upon registration to inpatient, ambulatory or emergency room.
- * Assigns bed placement with knowledge of CDE, DOH, JCAHO standards.
- * Notifies physicians and nursing stations as to admission of patients.
- * Provides interpretation of hospital regulations to patients (i.e., visiting hours, patient services, etc.).
- * Directs or assists patients to appropriate department or assigned room, as required.
- * Enters all discharge information into hospital computer system.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Prior customer service experience, required.
- Data entry skills (80 keystrokes per minute), required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, hospital admission, reimbursement procedures and DRG's, preferred.