Sr Findevops Engineer
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Who are we looking for
Do you have seasoned experience in creating elegant automation and repeatable processes in complex public & private cloud landscapes? Do you have a skill and passion for making systems easier, and delivering actionable data? Are you a team-player with abilities to automate, optimize, and simplify technologies? Are you a technologist who can also partner with peer groups and influence internal customers? Do you enjoy a multi-national, collaborative workplace? We are looking for a unique individual who encompasses these traits and will deliver game-changing skills to a world-changing company.
What will you work on
As a FinDevOps Engineer for the Cloud Business Office team within the Multi-Cloud Engineering organization, you will lead the automation, simplification, and efficiency of cost containment & reporting within Nike's public & private cloud ecosystem. You will transform complex technical requirements into simple solutions that will impact teams on a global scale. You will support application developers and cloud cost analysts in enhancing value, producing quality data, and integrating cloud tools & platforms in support of Nike's digital transformation.
Who will you work with
The Cloud Business Office is a multi-regional team of analysts, engineers, and governance specialists partnering trusted to deliver quality data, optimize costs, and automate processes for Nike Global Technology leadership, developers, and financial analysts. You will regularly partner with cloud cost containment analysts and application development squads, while also supporting the data & metadata needed to produce data driven decision making for Nike leadership.
What you bring to nike
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• A DevOps mindset
• Extensive knowledge of public cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Deep understanding of core public & private cloud billing, cost management, and data visualization tools (e.g. CloudHealth, Cloudability, BigQuery, AWS Cost Explorer, VRealize)
• Solid understanding of cloud billing and metering and the impact of usage patterns on total cost of ownership (TCO)
• Proficiency in developing repeatable and efficient automation to codify and simplify end-to-end processes and methods in public and private cloud landscapes
• Proficiency in using & integrating application programming interfaces (APIs)
• A passion for problem solving and customer service
• Senior experience in infrastructure as code principles and implementing this methodology
• Experience with Application Performance Management tools (e.g. SignalFX, NewRelic, DataDog) preferred
• A developmental mindset with the ability to discern patterns, drive efficiencies, and lower total cost of ownership for technology processes and solutions
• Self-starter with a desire to exceed customer expectations
• Above average oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a distributed team across multiple time zones and a globally-distributed workforce
• Experience working across silos in change-controlled environments