Sr Director, Global Transportation
About the Job
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Who we are looking for Our Supply Chain Team is looking for a Senior Director, Global Transportation to develop and own the strategic vision for Transportation capabilities globally in support of Nike's Consumer Direct Acceleration strategy and our Digital First Supply Chain at Scale. This global leadership role will work cross-functionally and across all 4 Nike Geographies to build a coordinated strategic roadmap to deliver service, cost, convenience, and sustainability goals in service of our consumer promise.
What you will work on As the Senior Director, Global Transportation you will lead the Consolidation, International, Inbound and Outbound transportation capabilities including Carrier Performance Management, in support of Nike, Inc's Commercial and Supply Chain strategic plans.
- Drive strategy & innovation: Understand market direction and trends to set priorities in collaboration with key partners, using benchmarking across industry and internal standards
- Lead global capability development: Define, craft and develop scalable capabilities in support of the consumer promise
- Deliver operational excellence: Define, measure and optimize operational standards to expand our margin
- Directly lead a diverse team of 15 - 20, indirectly leading functional network across all 4 Nike Geographies
- Advise the performance management of international and domestic carriers
- Develop logistics strategies and optimize the logistics network and processes for new and existing businesses
- Lead with collaboration, a growth attitude, be data driven and remain passionate about key priorities
What you bring Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Operations, or a related field.
- 10+ years experience in international and domestic logistics, 5+ years experience leading operational teams
- Retail, omni-channel, digital supply chain transformation experience
- Transportation experience that includes Inbound Logistics, consolidation, ocean freight, airfreight, and all modes of domestic surface transportation
- Strong communication skills and logistics/transportation knowledge to manage external relationships
- Ability to travel often
- MBA preferred
- International business experience