Sr. Dir, Program Management - Strategic Enterprise
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Senior Director, Program Management will drive key programs within the Strategic Enterprise Capabilities (SEC) portfolio leading ERP implementations or integrations with ERP systems like SAP S4, AFS. This role will lead diverse cross-function team members to execute complex and strategic programs. We are looking for a leader who has experience building program management functions and oversee end-to-end execution across multiple parallel program workstreams, including risk management, issue/conflict resolution and dependency management.
The ideal candidate for this position will be seasoned in program management with strong leadership skills, communication skills, and expertise with digital and technology transformation. This person will have substantial, demonstrated experience in an agile and program model structure. This role requires a candidate who is strong at building relationships across functions to align strategies and drive execution. This person will be a strategic problem solver with an ability to prioritize multiple and competing priorities while driving a plan to execution. This individual will play equal parts problem solver and doer, tackling the roles of strategist, operator, influencer and delivery specialist, and create an inclusive team environment that inspires a diversity of perspectives and bold ideas.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will be asked to lead the elevated programs driving the digital transformation of Nike and in doing so be comfortable consistently assessing tradeoffs and manage delivery across multiple workstreams. You will be responsible for the end-to-end timely, on budget technology execution of the Technology program, actively engaging key business and technology portfolio partners to ensure opportunities, risks and issues are understood and addressed. You will co-create and help develop product dashboards, portfolio reporting and analysis activities.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will partner with senior and executive level internal partners to cultivate collaboration, strategic alignment and integrated planning and execution across all functions. You will have close partnership with the Portfolio, Product, Finance, Technology and Strategy functions of Global Technology, in addition to the leaders of Global Technology teams. You will work closely to coordinate with other Technology teams on dependencies across the portfolio.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor's degree or Master's (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of Technical Program Management experience; self-motivated, with a high sense of accountability, urgency, and drive.
- 8+ years of experience with large scale ERP transformational initiatives, process improvements or shared services capabilities
- 8+ years of people management experience leading global teams
- Proven track record in leading programs for implementing or integrating with enterprise scale packages like SAP S4/AFS and experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, Azure etc.)
- Experience with strategic vendor management and contract management including contract negotiation and supplier risk management
- Experience leading large program management efforts including establishing effective governance structures, cross functional coordination, and executive stakeholder management and reporting.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to deliver key strategic initiatives.
- Experience running and executing multi-million-dollar budgets across multiple technology platforms and business areas
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to challenge the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic, results-oriented matrixed environment
- Experience in defining and delivering Portfolio reporting that provide strategic insights and holds cross-functional leads accountable for delivering results
- Provides input on the full funnel integrated planning, resource & capacity planning and execution for the technology team by partnering with business, strategy and finance teams.
- Delivery experience using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Deep experience with tools such as Aha! JIRA, Confluence and Planisware