Sr Dir, Foundational Platform Svcs
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in global technology platforms, join Nike's Global Technology Enterprise Architecture & Platforms organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and driving a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to be a platform-oriented company in 2020 and beyond.
As the leader of Nike's Global Technology, Enterprise Platform, Foundational Platform Services organization, you will lead a global team of technologists building and operating the foundational technology and runtime services that are the common building blocks that are used throughout Nike Global technology to build and operate "as-a-service", API driven, platforms at scale enabling all of Nike Global Technology to easily and rapidly digitally transform to an ecosystem of as-a-service experience, core business, and foundational technology platforms.
In this role you will lead an organization of centralized platform engineers that will provide global standardized technologies for containers, service mesh, side cars, service registry, service discovery, API proxy, secrets management, configuration management, etc. that are the foundation upon which Nike will build its ecosystem of microservices and the higher level abstraction of as-a-service platforms. Additionally, your organization will provide the common components relating to observability, K8S operator and controller best practices and management, automation frameworks and technologies, etc. used across the Enterprise Platform organization to provide cloud based managed service platforms for AI/ML, analytics, streaming, integration, databases, data pipelines, etc.
This foundational platform of technologies and services will be leveraged across all of Nike Global Technology organizations to provide the agility, fast time-to-market, systemic "-ilities", and cost efficiency they need to be successful in delivering capabilities for the business via an ecosystem of composable as-a-service experience, core business, and foundational technology platforms.
Forming strategic relationships and partnering with each of the Global Technology domains, as well as within the Enterprise Architecture and Platforms (EAP) organization will be critical in the success of this role.
In summary, if you have a passion, drive, and expertise in leading foundational technology platforms, this is an amazing leadership opportunity to a have a substantial impact on a global scale both technically and socially, as Nike is more than just the world's #1 sports brand that is loved by 100's of millions of people around the globe, it also provides hope through the global bond of sports and fitness.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology, or a field of engineering
- 10 years of combined experience in software development and technical leadership with experience in building or leading platforms
- Experience driving digital transformation using cloud-based solutions is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in leading the aligned efforts of a highly technical organization
- Excellent management, leadership, collaboration, mentorship, communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and senior stakeholder relationship management skills
- Prior experience in a global organizational environment is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive scalable technology solutions that deliver business results
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong leadership, confidence, and influencing skills.
- Strong understanding of Agile driven development, and a bias towards action